Monday, July 15, 2019

Week 4 - le bowling


Thursday evening was the annual family bowling outing. This is so much fun! The families and students all get together and bowl for a couple of hours. Not very many people are very good, but everyone has a good time.

This year, the bowling center said that they could not accommodate 50+ people over a weekend. In the past, it has been on a Friday evening. Having worked in a bowling center, I understand. They already have enough business on weekends. It’s better for them to get that big chunk of business on an off night.

Every year that I have done the program, Phillippe (Chloe and Vivian’s host dad) has been the top bowler. But not this year. He only scored 101. Mason’s host day, Lionel, thought he had it sewed up with a 144. But who ended up with a 148? That’s right, Monsieur Michel. (Did I mention that I am the school bowling coach in Madison?) Lionel claimed the team win with a total pinfall of over 700. My team didn’t quite make 300.

Next year, I’m tempted to bring one of my bowling balls and my shoes.
What? I missed three?

Here's how you should have done it.

Lupe may have missed all of the pins.

"Here's how you look really good on the lane..."

Of course you 'whip' when you get a strike.

Someone seems frustrated. (Not the position of the ball.)

I think I didn't do that right.

The Zen mistress of bowling.

Look at that form!

Congrats to Alla!

Now these people are bowling!

1...2...3...go!

Who's your daddy?

Noëmie receives last minute instruction.

C'est simple, quoi?

That wasn't a split. I didn't miss it. Bruno, be quiet.

It's the ball. It isn't me.

Chase has it all worked out.

Somebody is cute even when she's frustrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment